INTERESTED IN SPEAKING?
UNC Charlotte’s School of Data Science is hosting the ninth annual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Charlotte Conference on March 8th, 2023.
The event is hosted and sponsored by UNC Charlotte’s School of Data Science and Lowe's Inc., one day prior to the Analytics Frontiers Conference. The conference aims to inspire, educate, and engage current and future data scientists in the Carolinas, regardless of gender, and to support women in the field by providing training, networking and mentoring opportunities.
This year, the conference will be a one-day event, complete with two keynote speakers, panel discussions, and a series of breakout sessions, featuring industry and academic experts from across the region, highlighting groundbreaking research, innovative industry solutions and more.
We expect to see between 300 - 400 attendees at each year's WiDS conference.
The 2023 WiDS Charlotte conference will feature opportunities for female thought leaders to engage audiences in a variety of technical talks, panel sessions, hands-on training in innovative techniques and professional development in data science.
- Career & Professional Development (Salary Negotiation, Interview Success, Diversifying the STEM field, etc.)
- Applied Research: NLP and Social Media
- Machine Learning and AI in the Cloud
- Applied Research: Data Visualization
- Hands-on Training (AWS, Azure, Tableau, TensorFlow, SAS, etc.)
● Are you using any of the following in your presentation: PowerPoint slides, video, etc.?
Proposal submissions are due on November 15, 2022 and must be sent as a PDF to: email@example.com. Email subject lines must read: "WiDS Charlotte 2023 Speaker Proposal." The submissions will then be evaluated by a committee of UNC Charlotte faculty and industry partners. Selected abstracts will be notified by email.
For printable information, download the detailed presentation proposal document below.
Two Breakout Sessions: 45 minutes in length, consisting of a 30-35 minute presentation and 10-15 minutes of Q&A.
Other Items to Note
- WiDS Charlotte features oustanding women doing some outstanding work.
- Content - Speakers must talk about their data science research or applications in their respective domains unless noted otherwise.
- Presentation slides can include your organization's branding.
- Direct or indirect sales, product or service pitches are expressly prohibited.
Last year's list of speakers can be viewed here.